A Proper Guideline of What to Wear Deep Sea Fishing?
Deep sea fishing is an exciting and dangerous activity. If you want to go deep sea fishing, you have to be prepared. With proper caution, deep sea fishing can be a lot of fun.
Typically when we picture fishing, we think about sitting in a boat for hours to catch a fish. Fishing requires a lot of patience. It is not for everyone, but deep sea fishing is a lot more exciting. The water depth has to be at least 30 meters for it to be considered deep sea fishing. Deep into the ocean where even sunlight cannot reach, roams a lot of different kinds of fishes which you cannot find near the shore. It is very adventurous to be able to catch these rare fishes. This is why deep-sea fishing is so much fun. In this article, we are going to talk about what to wear when deep sea fishing. Let’s get started.
What is Deep Sea Fishing?
Deep sea fishing is like regular fishing, but the depth of the water is deeper. The water depth is about 30 meters. You also need special gear when deep sea fishing. The reason deep sea fishing has been growing in interest over the past few years is due to the bigger fishes that can be found, unlike when you are near the shore. Fishes like tuna, barracuda, sharks, swordfish, marlin, etc... need open and deeper water to feed. That is why you won’t find them near shore.
What to Wear Deep Sea Fishing?
1. If you are sixteen or over, you need a fishing license to go deep sea fishing. Get in contact with your guide to learn more about the rules and regulations of the area you are going to be fishing in.
2. Bring your raincoat or windbreaker with you because it gets windy on the open sea. Also, you need something to protect you from sea spray.
3. Wear lighter clothes that are comfortable. You are going to be doing a lot of hard work, and you are going to be sweaty. So, it is better to wear comfortable clothes. It is best to be prepared for any weather.
4. Bring hats and sunglasses with you because the sun can be merciless especially in the open sea. Also, bring a lot of sunscreen with you because a nasty sunburn can ruin your entire trip.
5. If you plan to head back to shore at night and set up camp, you may want to bring a tent with you. A tent will protect you from the elements. Having a stargazing tent is perfect due to the fact that you’re able to not only view the stars for the night but the mesh also allows for a great source of ventilation as well.
6. You need to wear shoes that are non-skid because you are going to be on a boat all day dealing with fishes. Things will get slippery. So, you need to be prepared.
7. Your guide will provide you with life jackets, but do not get on the boat if they do not have life jackets. The sea is unpredictable, and at any time a storm may come. So, even if you know how to swim, it is best to wear a life jacket.
8. Make sure to pack some medicine with you, just in case you get seasick. Bug repellent should be included as well, to ward off mosquitoes and other insects.
9. You need to bring an ice chest with you to preserve the fishes you catch. If the boat doesn't provide one, you may have to buy one yourself.
10. Bring a camera. When you catch a fish, it is going to be memorable for you. So, you might want to take pictures.
11. Lastly but importantly bring some water and snacks.You are going to be on a boat for a long time, and you need to eat.You might think that you won't have time to eat, but it is better to be prepared because sea air increases your appetite.
Things Not to Do on a Fishing Trip
· Do not bring alcohol or any illegal drugs with you. You will be out on the sea, and you will be handling gears. So, it is not smart to get drunk in a situation like this. By chance, if you fall in the water and you are not sober. You will not be able to swim.
· Do not bring any weapon or fireworks on the boat. In most places it is illegal. But it is dangerous to bring weapons or anything flammable on the boat with you.
· Even if you know how to swim make sure there is a life jacket on the boat. You don’t have to wear it all the time, just have it in case of any emergencies.
1. Wear sunscreen on your exposed skin. Do not underestimate a sunburn.
2. Listen to your guide or boat captain. If they give you any suggestions, listen to them since they are professionals.
3. Most people deal motion sickness on the sea. So, bring motion sickness medicine with you. A boat cannot go back to the shore to drop off sick passengers. So, make sure you are well prepared.
4. Before you go deep sea fishing research about guides, the area you are going to, and other important information.
Some people like fishing, some people find it boring. If you mix fishing and excitement, you get deep sea fishing.You can catch massive fishes on the deep sea that you cannot catch near the shore because fishes like tuna, shark, and barracuda-like to roam and feed in the open water. If you are prepared, deep sea fishing is not dangerous at all.
Hopefully, from this article, you learned what to wear and what to do when you go deep sea fishing. Now there is only one thing left to do-have fun!